The 9th edition of Echappee Belle, Ultra Crossing of Belledonne, will take place on August 2021, 20th, 21st and 22nd
After weeks of working on various scenarios, the Team Echappée Belle, Ultra Crossing of Belledonne, is pleased to announce its decision to continue the preparation of the edition 2020 which will take place on 21st, 22nd & 23rd August.
All lights are green for the organization: volunteers are ready, mountain shelters are open, township, the territory and our partners support the race. The actual holding of the event is however suspended from the final validation during the summer by the prefectures of Isere and Savoie (cases under evalution). A risk that the organization agrees to take, it will assume the consequences by proposing a refund of 80% in case of cancellation.
A race with very slight modifications in its route
Despite the complicated situation, the organization is committed to offering a beautiful edition with the priority of the safety of all and the respect of the Echappee Belle’s DNA. The 1700 runners registered on the 3 races will be able to live this summer an adventure in Belledonne with very slight modifications. The start of the 62k will be modified by taking place from the Collet d ‘Allevard resort. Very light adaptations on the 87k and 149k may take place.
A adapted event for everyone’s safety
Many changes will be introduced: wave starts and ITRA rating, increasing food self-sufficiency, sanitary measures on aid station (hand washing, wear mask..), podiums at the arrivals progress, regulation of public access and companions on the race.
Rest areas, dormitories and camp beds, and shuttles to departure locations will be maintained.
The programme of event will also be adapted to the situation but the organization will do everything to maintain the friendly and warm atmosphere of the race.
See you in Belledonne !
In 2019, registration for Echappée Belle Intégrale was complete in 23 hours, and for the North Crossing in 7 days. We have a possibility to increase the number of places. But since we committed for a sustainable management of the race and we would like to prevent pushing on paths, to limit soil erosion, and preserve friendliness and pleasure.
Increasing prominence of Echappée Belle last years makes us think that 149km could be completed in few hours only, and the North Crossing (87km) in 2 or 3 days maximum.
This situation might create several inconveniences such as:
- Disappointment of those who did not have a chance to register;
- Registerrations on the spur of the moment without assessing how challenging the race is;
- Disappointment of people who could not register and are not able to run as their trail buddies do;
- Incomplete information provided during registration might trigger addition treatment time for our volunteers;
- International trainers who miss the opportunity to register because of jetlag.
In order to avoid pushing and to give equal opportunities to all to participate to Echappée Belle, we decided to establish the principle of selection by the draw for 149km and 87km races.
- The registration period will last 15 full days.
- Results will be available few days later.
- Registrations in a group are possible: in this case, ALL group members are chosen in the lottery, or any member of the group is chosen.
- Reasonable number of places are specifically reserved for female runners to encourage women to register and participate.
- Same for international runners.
- A defined number of 50 places are reserved at the discretion of organizers for volunteers, certain journalists, partners, etc.
- All who were not selected in the lottery will be placed on waiting list which will be used to continue registrations in case of cancellations.
This operational mode is complex, but it seems to us a better option to guarantee efficiency of the registration process by our amazing team of volunteers, as well guaranteeing quality of Echappée Belle.
This year, the insurance is included in the registration. It comprehends helicopter transportation, mountain rescue services, repatriation. For few more euros, you can have a possibility to extend insurance to one-year period and be covered during all your trainings and sport events.
The 2019 edition is a highlight in the history of the race thanks to perfect weather conditions coupled with an exceptional line-up of competitors and their impressive performance!
3 time winner of UTMB and 4 time winner of the Diagonale des Fous, François D’Haene is a giant among the ultra-trail running world. After the Hardrock 100 in USA mid july, he’ll run the Echappée Belle, ultra crossing of Belledonne, August 23rd in Vizille, Isère.
Registration will start on January 15th 2018
On the Integrale, the World Champion of Trail Running in 2015, Sylvain Court won in 27:54.
A 10 jours du départ, le point sur les forces en présence.
More than a few bib race for L’Échappée Belle intégrale !